My Patterns

Sunday, December 28, 2014

IMPROVING MY SKILLS

Christmas is over now we get a small breather before all our New Year festivities.

To finish out the year I thought I would post my quilting journey for 2014.

At the first of the year I challenged myself to improve my quilting skills from basic grid work and simple stipple work, so here are some of my results.
 
This was fun adding lace to the edge.


OOPS, Thank goodness for color catchers that red wanted to bleed all over the place.


This was fun to design but I should have done the background quilting differently.
After watching a Sharon Schamber video I tried to incorporate some of her technique along with some trapunto.
The Guardians went to my mother's neighbor who collects angels.

1 comment:

  1. What a journey! to achieve that in one year is staggering. Love the rose.
    Wishing you happy FMQing in 2015!

    ReplyDelete